So many religions and so many Gods across the world....I personally like Vishnu/Perumal or Krishna. I am not religious. I can bow down to pray Jesus or Allah. I beleive there is a power beyond us on earth and that is workshipped in different forms. We people perform various poojas, rituals and all those to please God to obtain the boon we wish.
When I ask myself, who is God for me...I feel my Vishnu is some sort of power to whom I join both my hands, bow down and talk to Him anything and everything that made me happy, upset, angry, grateful, peaceful and successful. I see Him as the highest power on earth with whom I can surrender myself, talk the truth and seek justice for the unfair happenings around me. To do so, perhaps I should be "clean"..."clean" from doing evil or harm to others, clean from lie, clean by following my responsibilities to the people around me and to the world. So, to pray to my Vishnu and face him straight, I try my level best to be "clean". I feel, God for me is a configuration or form of " Justice". He is for me a justice giver, eminent teacher, patient listener, peace donor, happiness offerer and a pure invisible soul who will be available for me all the time until I exist on earth. I wonder, so is the God in the form of Shiva or Jesus or Allah for others?
Every year on Puratassi month I fast....do I fast to please my Vishnu?? Does He really need to be pleased or does He expect that we please Him by torchering or harming us?? I don't think so. I enjoy to celebrate my Vishnu. I enjoy to decorate him, praise Him and pray to Him for me and to others around me. It gives a lot of positive energy to me. I clean my room and everything around before I pray. If I have to fast, I have to develop self-control. I control myself from eating breakfast on Saturdays. I control me from eating non-vegetarian the whole month. This way, praying to my Vishnu has helped me to develop self-control, determination and positivity. There are lot of health advantages when we fast. Not eating non-vegetarion for a month indeed helps me and not the God. God in any form is a selfless giver. He does not expect anything from us.
Shaanta-Aakaaram Bhujaga-Shayanam Padma-Naabham Sura-Iisham
Vishva-Aadhaaram Gagana-Sadrsham Megha-Varnna Shubha-Anggam|
Lakssmii-Kaantam Kamala-Nayanam Yogibhir-Dhyaana-Gamyam
Vande Vissnnum Bhava-Bhaya-Haram Sarva-Loka-Eka-Naatham ||
Meaning:
1: (Salutations to Sri Vishnu) Who has a Serene Appearance, Who Rests on a Serpent (Adisesha), Who has a Lotus on His Navel and Who is the Lord of the Devas,
2: Who Sustains the Universe, Who is Boundless and Infinite like the Sky, Whose Colour is like the Cloud (Bluish) and Who has a Beautiful and Auspicious Body,
3: Who is the Husband of Devi Lakshmi, Whose Eyes are like Lotus and Who is Attainable to the Yogis by Meditation,
4: Salutations to That Vishnu Who Removes the Fear of Worldly Existence and Who is the Lord of All the Lokas.
Every year on Puratassi month I fast....do I fast to please my Vishnu?? Does He really need to be pleased or does He expect that we please Him by torchering or harming us?? I don't think so. I enjoy to celebrate my Vishnu. I enjoy to decorate him, praise Him and pray to Him for me and to others around me. It gives a lot of positive energy to me. I clean my room and everything around before I pray. If I have to fast, I have to develop self-control. I control myself from eating breakfast on Saturdays. I control me from eating non-vegetarian the whole month. This way, praying to my Vishnu has helped me to develop self-control, determination and positivity. There are lot of health advantages when we fast. Not eating non-vegetarion for a month indeed helps me and not the God. God in any form is a selfless giver. He does not expect anything from us.
Shaanta-Aakaaram Bhujaga-Shayanam Padma-Naabham Sura-Iisham
Vishva-Aadhaaram Gagana-Sadrsham Megha-Varnna Shubha-Anggam|
Lakssmii-Kaantam Kamala-Nayanam Yogibhir-Dhyaana-Gamyam
Vande Vissnnum Bhava-Bhaya-Haram Sarva-Loka-Eka-Naatham ||
Meaning:
1: (Salutations to Sri Vishnu) Who has a Serene Appearance, Who Rests on a Serpent (Adisesha), Who has a Lotus on His Navel and Who is the Lord of the Devas,
2: Who Sustains the Universe, Who is Boundless and Infinite like the Sky, Whose Colour is like the Cloud (Bluish) and Who has a Beautiful and Auspicious Body,
3: Who is the Husband of Devi Lakshmi, Whose Eyes are like Lotus and Who is Attainable to the Yogis by Meditation,
4: Salutations to That Vishnu Who Removes the Fear of Worldly Existence and Who is the Lord of All the Lokas.
No comments:
Post a Comment