Sunday, 16 June 2013

Hero of June' 2013 !!

            I really hate it, when some one tries to discourage or demotivate others. The way to develop the best that is in a man is by appreciation and encouragement. People need words of encouragement to sort out things than advice and negative feedback. I believe a generous amount of applause and encouragement would do much better than criticism. Lets Encourage and motivate everyone around us. I would like to dedicate a section "Real Life Heroes" in my blog to post every month about a real hero who demonstrated remarkable achievements beyond their limits.
      I begin with a 18 year old chap from India. Here goes his CV,
   Fantastic, Isn't??  In spite of being visually impaired, he was able to score 96% in his class XII CBSE exams and could seize a place in Stanford university. Its amazing that he could excel in his studies as well as in music,writing and other social activities. Just now, I heard one of his speech to school students and the way he delivered it in English at this age was excellent with clear pronunciations and flow. He aimed to pursue his studies in IIT, India but then he was told that there is no provision for blind students to take IIT-JEE. As the proverb, 
          " in the middle of every difficulty lies an opportunity" 
      His thirst for knowledge and hardwork fetched him a fellowship to study in Stanford university. Its not so easy to come up to this level being differently abled. I could sense the hardships he and his family members went through everytime to reach his goal. I would like to appreciate all that kind hearts who stood by his side to raise him up to this level, especially their parents and family members. Its not the normal attitude, I am differently challenged so I can't fly with others. Rather his attitude of how to find ways to fly with others has put him ahead. He is now a model and hope for not only the other physically challenged children but also to people like us to hold such a spirit, determination and hardwork to reach our goals. Hats off Mr.Kartik !! I am happy to know that just like me your inspiration is also Dr.A.P.J Kalam. Once during their meeting, Dr.Kalam gave some inspiring words to him  
                      "Son, it is better to have a vision (foresight), than merely have vision (eye sight)."
Well said Dr.Kalam g !! I wish Karthik all success to reach his vision. Nothing could stop you, Go ahead, fly high !! Thanks to Stanford !!But One thing to think of is the need to revise the rules and regulations of Indian educational system that could favor and support the Physically challenged. Lets hope to expect a change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment